Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Smelly Stuff

Well mom and I did our usual weekend thing and walked the trails at the airport on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  The weather was just perfect for hiking and as usual there were so many interesting things to sniff that I would often stop along our journey to smell something that caught my nose.


During one of our treks, we spotted some deer that ran off as soon as they heard us approaching.  Mom thought it might be a good idea to follow one of the hundreds of deer trails to see if we could find any more deer.  You can see some of the deer trails in this picture that mom took while flying over the airport property a couple of weeks ago.

 
 Here I am trying to keep up with mom as we explore the deer trails.


The trails led us to a little canyon that was just the right size for a pug to explore.  I have a feeling mom is thinking about calling it pug canyon!


However, I think the best part of my hike was the very smelly spot I found on the trail.  I rolled and rolled and rolled and rolled and rolled around in it until I felt sure I had the wonderful stink all over me.  Mom just laughed and when I finally was finished she said I didn't smell at all!  All that wasted effort!!





 All of that hiking and rolling around in smelly stuff makes me one tired pug.


Mom wants me to put up this picture of me in my Mardi Gras beads.  It's one of her favorites from when I was just a puppy.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a good hike. I like the the sound of this Pug Canyon.

    ReplyDelete